Pregnancy massage can be a wonderful experience for both future mom and baby. At this time, so so many things are happening with your body and your emotions – a mother in the making. WOW! It can be exciting, a dream come true, scary, exhausting, joyful…
As your body works overtime growing a baby, you can be left feeling achy, tired, sore, swollen to name a few… It’s a time to be kind to yourself and take care, and pregnancy massage is a great way to do that! It can help you to relax, sooth some of the aches and pains of carrying a baby, uplift your spirits, help improve sleep and boost energy levels.
To ensure optimal comfort, you will be in a sidelying position for this massage, with cushions to make sure you are supported exactly where you need it most. The massage oil is 100% organic, skin-nourishing, and with essential oils suitable for pregnancy. Neutral scented oils are also available if preferred.
- Helps the body and mind to relax and improves your sleep, increasing energy levels and alertness and reducing fatigue
- Relieves and relaxes tight and sore muscles due to carrying the extra weight and the changes in your balance/posture, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs
- Stimulates blood circulation, which is great as your blood volume increases by about 50% during pregnancy, and this then aids in the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells, while boosting the immune system and eliminating toxins
- Helps reduce leg cramping allowing for more comfort day and night
- Improves skin and muscle tone, moisturising and softening skin with natural oils
- Encourages deeper slower breathing patterns which help to improve posture and ease of movement, and calms your baby too!
- Promotes a sense of wellbeing and helps you to reconnect with your body as it changes
Why chose a qualified / trained practitioner (like me) for pregnancy massage?
Massage during pregnancy differs from a regular massage in a couple of ways. Knowledge of what happens during pregnancy and of the anatomy of a pregnant woman are very important to ensure the safety and well-being of both the mother and the baby she is carrying.
A consultation before the massage with additional pregnancy specific questions will help identify pregnancy related conditions (or others) and also help me tailor the massage to your needs on the day. Positioning and support on the massage couch is different because of the physical changes to your body. Some massage techniques are adapted while others are avoided, pressure may be lighter in some areas of the body and there are also parts of the body that should not be massaged.
Please let me know at the time of booking that you are pregnant.
Also, don’t forget to get a massage after your baby arrives! Your body and your mind will thank you for sure !!!!!
45min | 55€
60min | 65€
90min | 90€
120min | 120€
5 x 45min | 250€
5 x 60min | 295€
5 x 90min | 415€