Swedish massage follows an approach which places the client’s whole being at the centre of the treatment. It takes into consideration and has the ability to touch the person’s emotional, mental and spiritual well-being as well as their physical body.
From the beginning to the end, each treatment is a nurturing process of touch and response, providing a tailored massage in response to the person’s unique needs, physical characteristics and personal history. A holistic massage practitioner work ‘with the client’, rather than ‘on the client’, and a treatment is never a set routine of techniques.
A holistic Swedish massage is a massage directly on the client’s body typically using oil and usually on a massage couch, but occasionally in a seated position. The principal techniques are those of Swedish massage, including effleurage, tapotement, etc., with more advanced and wide ranging techniques used to help tailor the treatment. The practitioner has knowledge of key body systems, such as circulatory, lymphatic and respiratory, in order to fully understand the impact of massage on all aspects of the person.
Depending on the duration of the session and the clients’ specific needs, a holistic massage can range from focusing on a certain area of the body, to a full body treatment; and from light and gentle strokes and holds to deep tissue techniques and dynamic mobilizations, all with the aim to de-stress, relax and ease the tension and strains that build up in our daily lives.
Some specific benefits of holistic massage include:
- Relieves and relaxes tight, sore muscles and stiff joints
- Encourages better blood circulation and lymphatic drainage aiding the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells, while boosting the immune system and eliminating toxins
- Improves skin and muscle tone, moisturising and softening skin with natural oils
- Encourages deeper slower breathing patterns which help to improve posture and ease of movement
- Promotes a state of relaxation and feelings of wellbeing, thus reduces the effects of stress and anxiety, including aiding normal digestion and increasing the release of ‘feel good’ hormones
- Improves sleep and stimulates the body as a single system, increasing energy levels and alertness, and reducing fatigue
- Supports a deepened awareness of the breath and the body, promoting a sense of connection, inner peace and tranquillity
45min | 45€
60min | 55€
75min | 65€
90min | 75€
5 x 45min | 185€
5 x 60min | 225€